www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

On to the real stuff

So now I think I have mastered the basics of blogging - posting and photo-sharing. Whew! What work. Anyway, thought I might actually post something of my day.

Got up late after a good night's sleep. Donned my Halloween Scarf with the pumpkins and Halloween Cat earings and rushed off to radiation - what fun. No redness yet. I was told that would come at the end - probably. Like everything else with treatment, every question is responded to with a very indefinite answer. After treatment, the techs informed me that I have a doctors appointment today. Surprise! Could they ever tell you this stuff in advance?

And I had so carefully scheduled WW to follow right after the treatment. Turns out that the Dr. sees every morning patient on Thursdays after their treatment. They line us all up in rooms and he goes from one to the next like an assembly line. I patiently waited and the Dr. came in. He asked how I was doing and said after 6 days he didn't expect any problems. With Breast Cancer patients it is always, "I have redness" and/or "I am tired". So much for the Drs. visit. He patted me on the back and sent me home.

I rushed to WW and was pleased to have lost 3.2 lbs. although it was really only the 3.2 I had put 2 weeks before after having spent the night in emergency getting hydrated after my 103 degree fever from the Herceptin.

Rushed home to do the dishes and a perfunctory pick up of the dining table and living room before my friend Mike came over to walk the dogs. Dogwalking was rather uneventful. I managed not to fall into any bushes. Afterword we headed off to breakfast and a walk through Los Altos. I did lose my balance and almost knock him into one of the big trash cans on Main Street. That was a good laugh.

Headed home and was intending to do some work but somehow got caught up in blog heaven and here I am. Think I will go rest and read my People before Survivor comes on.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home