www.flickr.com

Friday, February 23, 2007

Well, well, well

Dearest blog,

It is now exactly 2 weeks since my last posting and I know that you have really been missing me. You have, haven't you? Just say yes. :)

So, what has been happening? Well, way too much, as usual. The last I left you, I had just had surgery and gone through 2 days of interviewing for a job. The surgery and recovery went well. Job search - not so well. The Friday interview did not result in a callback and, even worse, the recruiter never answered the phone or returned my calls or emails. It is a small courtesy to send an email saying that they decided to go another direction, select another candidate or whatever excuse. Just nice to close the loop.

The Thursday interview resulted in two more rounds of interviews last week. All looked good and they checked my references. They told me that I was in the top two candidates. And then......... Well, it seems that they also fell off the face of the earth. I have called the recruiter numerous times and she has not answered, nor returned emails or phone messages. It is so frustrating. Why can't they just save us all time and drop a line saying they are not interested.

Sooooo......back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, on the doctors front, I was due for my first 4 month follow-up with my oncologist after finishing Herceptin. That went well. I had my monthly port flush. That went well. I was also due for my 6 month follow-up with my surgeon. That is more complicated and involves mammograms, ultrasounds, etc. I went through the mammogram - nothing. breasts too dense, etc. I went through the first ultrasound - little shadow. I got called back and went through a second ultrasound in the same day - little shadow. I met with my surgeon. She is discussing with the radiologist what the next step should be - ultrasound guided biopsy or MRI. I am waiting. Not worrying. Just waiting and so busy with job, etc. that I am not noticing the time passing.

And, on the dating front. I finally gave up on Match.com and cancelled my subscription. Buying into the commercials and some other couples I had talked to, I signed on to eHarmony in the hopes of finding my soul mate. It started off with a bang and has since slowed down a bit. I am just about to go on my first eHarmony date so will see how that goes. So far, so good.

And I guess, dear Blog, that is about it for now. Probably lots more to say but my poor old fingers aren't up to it tonight. I will try to speak with you more in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home