www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Selling 30 year old school books

Well, the trip to BookBuyer's didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. Out of 3 boxes of books, they took only about 17 books - maybe 1/2 box. I got only $2.50 cash out of it and a $17.00 store credit - just about enough to buy one book in their store. What a trade off. Since I worked all day on the book shelf and forgot to defrost the meat for dinner, I decided to drop by McDonald's - something I haven't done in a very long time -for a cheese burger and french fries. That cost $2.98 so the cash from the book sales didn't even cover the cost of a small Micky D's meal. hmmmmmmm.....sighh.........

The interesting thing is that Wicked was the most popular book. They gave me 40% on that one. They took a couple of the Steven King's and older Anne Rice's but left most of them behind for me to take home. They did take the 2 Hemingway books and "Blue Collar Marriage" - all from my 1976 Freshman college English and Sociology classes. Go figure - 30 year old books. I just threw them in at the last minute because I didn't know what else to do with them and those are the ones that they took.

So now I still have 3 boxes of books to get rid of. Will probably explore selling them on Amazon or on eBay. Not looking forward to it but, if it pays, I'll try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home