www.flickr.com

Friday, October 26, 2007

A quieter week

This week was a little quieter - Thank goodness. I was beginning to feel quite exhausted. Saturday started off with some FDS work to get caught up on check writing and the books. I had a raging migraine so didn't even bother to shower and dress. Somehow, I just wanted to hang out on the couch and snuggle with my blanket.

After taking care of the FDS stuff, I got back on the couch and watched some of the TV I had missed during my busy weeks. I was really planning on going to the shelter for my weekly volunteering duties but the headache continued. I got up, drove to the post office for the mail, came back and sat some more. My friend was having a welcome back party for herself (after living in Europe for a year or so) and I went to that where I was able to catch up with a number of other friends. From there, I headed over to my SIL's for my nephews birthday. Apparently I was a hit as an Aunt since I brought him the new Pearl and Diamond games for his playstation? nintendo? whatever? I can't keep track. At any rate, the gift brought squeals of delight so .....mission accomplished.

I was so happy to get back home and hit the bed, hoping that the next morning I would wake up without the migraine.

Sunday came around and I was feeling a bit better. I headed off to yoga where we worked on movements for the 4th Chakra. This is the glowing jade green heart chakra. The positions and movements involve backbends, arches and other such actions that open the chest and heart. I really felt much better afterword and my body, though a bit sore, let me know that it really needed the workout. Next was my regular Sunday visit to the farmer's market. I had a delicious banana and chocolate crepe then browsed through checking out the new fruits for this season. The stone fruits had been replaced by apples, persimmons, pears and other fall fruits. I stopped at a stand with a strange looking reddish purple fruit. After learning it was a Dragon Fruit, I decided to buy one to take home and taste - $5! Not cheap for one piece of fruit. And just as a side note, when I ate it later, it wasn't all that and definitely not worth my spending another $5 on it. At any rate, it was something new and I tried it out.

After a bit more browsing and my favorite stop - Bartolovento's Chocolates, I headed home (after one more stop at the grocery store for milk). I was just hanging out and planning to go work in the garden since it was such a nice, sunny warm day when my friend Stephanie called to see if I wanted to go for a walk. We set a time for about an hour and a half later. In the meantime, I took the dogs out to the front yard so they could enjoy the grass while I worked in the flowerbeds trimming plants, pulling weeds, etc. After half an hour, I brought the dogs back in and headed off to meet Stephanie. We decided to walk the Guadalupe Park trail which neither of us had been on. We met at the visitors center but apparently this was the wrong place to see the best of the trail. We walked along a desolate, weedy path and then tried walking the other way but were stopped by train tracks. Where were the Rose Garden, Fountains, Dog Park and other features I had heard about? We never found them. Nonetheless, we had a nice walk on a beautiful day - over 2 hours - not bad.

Next, we headed off to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was barely 5:30 but the place was packed and we had to wait 1/2 hour to get a table. When we were finally seated, it was inside the cable car! Yes, they really have a cable car in the middle of the restaurant. The windows have been removed and you can see out and look down on everyone around you. We waited another 1/2 hour just to get bread and drinks. As we sat, we noticed all of the empty tables that had not yet been bussed while there was a line of people outside. Some of the tables stayed empty the entire time we were waiting for our food and eating it. Service and wait aside, the food was good as usual and we enjoyed ourselves. We had parked a number of blocks away and the night was beautiful so the walk back to our cars was nice.

Monday morning brought me back to work again. The day passed as usual and Monday eve, still not feeling up to par, I went home and just crashed. Tuesday was a painting day - yeah! We are still painting our plastic bodies and I am quite pleased with how mine is coming along. Note to self: bring camera to next week's class to take photos.

Wednesday was bill paying - started off with ATW. I usually only pay their bills at the end of the month but there was quite a buildup so I wanted to get them out. I finished off by paying my own bills. All of this brought me into work late and I missed an important meeting on the project I am working on. I decided to take a walk at lunch time and walked for a couple of miles - 1/2 hour. My body sure needed that. In the afternoon, I tried to catch up with what I had missed and ended the day with a 3 hour meeting on the project which raised more questions than it answered. I was exhausted when I got home and headed off to bed early after watching the Biggest Loser and being as bummed out as everyone else over the cheating by one of the contestants that had spoiled the usually uplifting and encouraging spirit of the program. I have always been inspired to get back on track with my own weight after watching people struggle to success on that show. This week's episode was totally awful and I would still like to see the producers do something to bring it back on track to what it should be - a change of lifestyle that truly changes the contestents and helps them achieve their weight loss goals.

Thursday, despite a good night's sleep, I woke with a migraine again. It seemed that my sinuses were really bothering me and I wondered what I was breathing - inside my house or out. Could it be some of the smoke from the fires drifting up from LA. Seems pretty far-fetched but it is not normal for me to have 2 migraines so close together. I headed off to work and at lunch time to the Quarterly meeting of Resources Global Professionals (the company I work for). It was great to see the other associates and catch up. The speaker was one of the founders and current board member. She was such an inspiring and funny speaker. She went through the business model, clients (45 of the Fortune 50, 336 of the Fortune 500, etc.) , benefits, practice areas, overseas growth - Japan, Europe, etc. The company is 12 years old and has done incredibly well - close to $1bn now. I felt so happy to be a part of this organization and excited about the future prospects.

After lunch, we returned back to work and, in the evening, I attended the board meeting for KMVT TV. I am a new board member and this is only my second meeting so I am still in the learning stage.

And, finally, today is Friday - yeah! A much more mellow week though still busy. I needed for things to slow down a bit. Maybe that is what the migraines were trying to tell me.

Know it doesn't make for an exciting blog but --- oh well. Maybe I will finally find time to upload those photos out of my camera so that you can see my vacation time, etc.

Happy weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home