www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Movies, movies, movies

This weekend (and the last couple of days) I tried to catch up a little on my movie watching so went to the video store and rented 6 dvds. Yellow, The Break Up, Lonely Hearts, Charlotte's Web, Breach and Because I Said So. Of all the movies, I would say that only Charlotte's Web was worth seeing. It was cute and well done, entertaining even though it was about a spider (sorry Susan) and a pretty ugly-looking spider at that. It even gave me the creeps. However, I did find the movie charming in an old Disney kind of way. Breach was somewhat fascinating - about the take down of a long term mole in the CIA (can't remember his name but believe he was exposed in the 80's) just days before his retirement. Not a great movie though.

Yellow was about a Puerto Rican ballet dancer who comes to NY and has to perform as a stripper until she gets her chance to be a dancer in a Broadway show. Sorry, despite the name, not a movie for Sam. Because I Said So and The Break Up were the standard cutesy movies. Entertaining enough but forgettable. Lonely Hearts was a gorey true story of a couple who lured women from lonely hearts ads and then took their money and killed them. Very dark and hard to follow.

And, that's that. If anyone has suggestions for good movies, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home