www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Where have all the popsicle sticks gone?

Thank goodness. No radiation this morning. Got to sleep in and read the paper (not at the same time). Decided to make Black Cat cookies for my nurses and doctors at both radiation and the infusion room for Halloween on Monday. The recipe looked really easy and I thought, "no problem". The problem came in trying to find the ingredients. First, I was looking for a Halloween bucket, flower pot, basket or some appropriate container to display them in. Safeway didn't seem to have anything until I found these little baskets - just the right size. And I thought that was the hard part.

I bought candy to fill the baskets and the ingredients for making the cookies. The cats' eyes are little pieces of candy corn. That was the next problem. Safeway had no candy corn. I dragged my weary self to Target and they had candy corn. Next problem solved.

The cat heads are baked on sticks so that you can stick them in the candy in the baskets like flowers. Safeway didn't have popsicle sticks or sticks of any kind. Neither did target. Target also didn't have the black and orange ribbon that I wanted to tie around the sticks. This "easy" project has proven very difficult. Now, after about 3 1/2 hours of shopping, I have to get up and go to Michael's tomorrow and hope that they have popsicle sticks!

Finally, I hope to find little plastics to wrap around the cookies and ribbon to tie it closed. And, sometime, I have to actually bake the cookies!

3 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

They came out very cute, and looked super professional. Maybe you should give up the finance gig and go into specialty baking.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Hello Its me Rich!!! So glad to read your blog and learn you are doing well!!!! YEA!!! Possibly you can give me some advice on how to get the flicker thing on my blog. I made an account but it is not appearing on my blog. Reading your story of the cookies made me laugh cuz I just had a similar adventure last week. I wanted to make this mexican soup and after every ingrediant was purchased I came to find out that there is no hominy (you know the big fat white corn stuff) here in Germany. Damn!!! Hope your holloween goes good. Give the twins kisses on the noses for me please.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh my, I took a picture so I could post it and then promptly ate my cat cookie. Not only was it cute, but it was delicious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home