www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Whoa! Wednesday already

Where does the time go?

Well, lets see. USC won Saturday. WooHoo! Raised them to #3 in the BCS rankings. This weekend is the big showdown with CAL. Anything can happen wit these old rivals.

Each day further that I get from Herceptin brings more strength and fading of the fatigue and pain I was under for so long. It is amazing to go to bed and know that I will wake up naturally 7 hours later, refreshed, and ready to get up. I hadn't experienced that in probably 20 months or so since this all began. Sleeping 9 - 14 hours and still waking up tired and barely able to move had become a way of life. I had forgotten what it was like to feel "normal". Such a nice feeling. Of course, there are still relapses, particularly when I overdo it. Last night, I slept 9 1/2 hours and have felt a bit tired and out of sorts all day today. The other wonder of being farther and farther from treatments is the way I feel after exercise - Quigong, walking, yoga, hiking, whatever. The aches and pains are becoming non-existant and my body is beginning to feel less battered. Still waiting for the results on my last blood test to see if the anemia is starting to reside or not. Kaiser seems to have lost my blood test results again - twice in a row now, don't know why - after so many months of no errors. Anyway, based on my own experience, I would say, sorry Genentech, it is not true that Herceptin has no side effects. You may not lose your hair, vomit and generally feel like dying but you had better become accustomed to muscle aches and extreme fatigue for the duration of the treatments. Your body is still being battered.

As for life, no more action on the job front yet. Did receive one rejection which is amazing in this age. Most companies don't even bother responding to you unless you call and can manage to get through in which they say, Oops, sorry, yes we decided on someone else. It was amazing actually to receive an old-fashioned (granted via e-mail rather than snail mail) rejection letter saying, your resume was great......many qualified candidates.....good luck with your job search - yada, yada, yada. Believe it or not, I was thankful for that. Closure and I could cross that job off the list.

Other than the job search, life has just been busy as once again I am trying to get caught up, let go and cleaned out. So much work just trying to maintain, much less get ahead. I seriously need a "wife" to do this or at least a husband so that I can stay at home and do some of it and not have to worry about earning a living at the same time.

At least the dogs got walked today. They really appreciated that and have been getting better and better with each walk. Smokey walks really well for me off-leash now although he doesn't always walk so well for other people on the leash. Thomas is managing to get by other dogs pretty well without going completely nuts.

Thanks for the sunshine today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home