www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just call me Baby....

Another one of nature's great wonders. How is it that I can get numerous infusions and blood tests from my arms, even watching as the needles go in but I can't even stand any needles in my mouth?

Yes, you guessed it. Today, I went to the dentist for 2 fillings - 12year molar on the lower right and 6year molar on the upper left. The assistant had to numb my gums twice and give me laughing gas (nitrous) BEFORE the dentist could even give me the needle to administer the anesthetic. And, believe me, I was not laughing. Then came the needle to the upper left - OUCH! A second needle to the upper left - still OUCH! Finally, a third needle to the upper left and no feeling. The bottom right took only 2 doses - thank goodness. The dentist said I seem to have a very low tolerance for pain in my mouth. I would agree.

Now, 2 fillings later, I am home, tired and good for nothing for the remainder of the day. Just me, the dogs and Survivor tonight. With a little Dr. McDreamy thrown in for the fun of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home