www.flickr.com

Friday, October 27, 2006

job searching

I have just gotten hooked on a jobsite called indeed.com that consolidates job listing from just about every other job site you can imagine and spent an inordianate
amount of time applying to jobs this morning (and,
now, afternoon), gone through the frustrating process
of registering on alternate job sites which was
required to apply to most of the jobs - BA Jobs,
Monster, Yahoo, etc.

If the job listing had a company email, i just
by-passed the job site and went directly to the
company email and then had to go through each company's frustrating process of registering. One big question.
Why, when already uploading a resume, do most of the
sites also require you to fill out detailed
employment, education, etc. information? It is
already on the resume! And why do the sites allow
uploading a Word resume and then bastardize it into
txt anyway? And why is the sky blue? Oops, that
would be another conversation wouldn't it.


And while we are asking Why... or at least I was anyway. Yahoo sent me a notice to upgrade my IE to IE7. I did not knowing that it was Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo will all of this unnecessary stuff taking up the top of my screen and making the usable portion much smaller. I have tried to find a way to shrink the top but none of the usual stuff works - and worse, it took off the main menu that I use so that I have to go through a whole clicking process every time I open my browser just to get my menu back. ugh! How do I reverse this process?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home