www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2 days of (semi) rest

After battling a cold while working and being overall very fatigued, at long last, I had two days "off". That means that I didn't have to go to structured work. It doesn't mean I didn't do anything. Darn. Sunday, I went to the ATW brunch - a very nice, low-key affair for members only and a good way to give back to them for all of their help during the year. That was preceded by cleaning the kitchen and followed up by going through all of the accumulated mail and newspapers in the living room. After that, I relaxed with a couple of movies - The New World (so so), Pirates of the Caribbean (as bad as I expected though not quite as bad as the first one), Ice Age 2 (very entertaining but liked the first one better). I fell asleep a couple of times during Ice Age so decided it was time to sleep.

Monday brought a nice morning - the first in a long time - in which I did not have to get up early and slept in a little. Breakfast and crossword puzzle later, I watched a couple more movies. By now, you have probably figured out that movie marathons are a source of relaxation for me. The Lake House (much better than expected - thank you Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves), Over the Hedge (aahh, disappointment and even more disappointed that MSG was glorified in it - our children and us adults don't need to be exposed to that poison) and An Inconvenient Truth. The last one is the Al Gore testimonial on Global Warming - surprisingly well thought out and well done with humor, seriousness and just a touch of political bitterness. Real food for thought there.

Finally, lest you thought I could have the whole day off, I was off to a USC Board Meeting.

What did not get done. Yard cleaning (rain stopped that), Christmas Card writing, Client file, ATW close. Ahhhhhh but there is always tomorrow.........

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Who are you?? You are obviously not related to me if you're dissing Pirates (the first one) and Over the Hedge. So sad. ;)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Seajade said...

uh oh.....yeah I got it for dissing the first pirates, too. Guess I am just not Johnny Depp kind of girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home