www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Just a short break

Just a short break from work to make a little post to keep up in my blogger world.

Since the Amazon excitement, I have not sold another book yet. Guess I have to wait another 54 days. sigh........ The money is now being deposited in my checking acount. How exciting. Well it was for me anyway!

Working and actually making a living wage at something I love doing has added a little spark of energy, that I didn't know I had, to my life. The same thing happens when I manage to get a date with a great guy. I guess, all in all, that a little change now and then is good.

Trying to take advantage of the energy while I have it, I used one of my days off last week to mow the lawn and clip back a lot of the overgrown plants in the front yard. This left the leaf bin full and me very tired - exhausted. I did manage a walk with the dogs after that. Of course, they were thrilled. All of this may not sound like much but you have probably not seen my yard. My hard work barely made a dent. The frost and rains of this winter either killed a plant or caused it to grow like wildfire. Either way, it makes for a lot of cleanup work.

Having filled the leaf bin and being forced to wait the pre-requisite 2 weeks (yes, the recycling is only picked up once every two weeks in this town), I moved on to filling the paper bin. Back to my study and my letting go project which is getting much easier as I go along. It is tough to put aside the emotional attachments to some items but the more I do it, the better I get at it. I was a shredding queen on Sunday and filled that bin right up. Like my yard though, this barely made a dent and there is much more to do. The good thing is that my desk got cleaned off and dusted for probably the first time in 4 years. There was always too much paperwork there before.

And the dogs are getting walked again - good for them and for me.

Made my yearly visit to the eye doctor and found that they now have come out with new progressive contacts. I am trying them out. At first, everything was quite blurry and I had to really look down my nose to read anything. This made me feel like I was walking around with my eyes closed all of the time. It has taken a number of days but the blurriness is finally going away and I seem to be managing to read things with my eyes actually open. This is all nice and good although I still forget and reach for my glasses sometimes.

And what about the dating, you ask? Wish I had as much good news there as everywhere else but, alas, nothing new on that front. I know that he is looking for me out there somewhere. Come out, come out wherever you are...........

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Wow. Good work. Come work on my yard and office - they are both a disaster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home