www.flickr.com

Friday, May 04, 2007

LaLaLa.....

Here I sit. The life of a consultant. You never know what is coming next.

I am on this project at a bank. The last couple of weeks have brought about a lot of scurrying, whispering behind closed doors and general secretivity. I was let in on just enough to know that I couldn't say anything and that my projects were on hold because of impending "events".

Today the "events" occurred. The bank announced to the press its acquisition/merger with another bank. If you read the news, you will know just who the two banks are that I am talking about. Needless to say, after the announcement this morning, no one is getting anything done. There is lots of discussion, speculation and probably searching of the web for more information and/or jobs. The last thing on anyone's mind is work and many folks are going home. Me, however, I am paid by the hour and must put in my 8 hours so, here I sit, making up chores by the minute since all of my projects are still on hold and will be probably through the end of my tenure here.

La, la, la.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home