www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 12, 2007

What you doing?

This is the question so often asked by my nieces these days. I am not even sure if they care as much about the answer as they do asking the question. :) Anyway, it is fun.

So, what am I doing? Still working. Still on 8 hour days - amazing. The trash man finally came yesterday and emptied the recycling bins so now I am ready to fill them up again. However, in the interim of "waiting" for him to come, I have managed to fill my time with other things to do. Lots of things!

I went to see Smokey Joe's cafe and suffice it to say was underwhelmed. Snarfdog says it so well on her blog that I will let you read the comments there. It is right over to your right. Just click on thoughts from a delirious mind.

I am also still pre-occupied with many doctors appts. Twice at the Optometrist since I am being fitted for the contacts I am now wearing. It is required that one try various different strengths to see which works best for them. I can't honestly tell between a 1.25, 1.50 and 1.75 and the clarity seems to depend more on the time of day for me or how dehydrated I am or various other factors which do not seem to have much to do with the strength of the lenses. Anyway, that seems to be sorting itself out.

I also have to get my Port flushed every 4 - 6 weeks and that comes up more often than you would think!

This month also brings my regular 6-month dental check-up and my 6-month follow-up with my Radiation Oncologist. Seriously, I wonder how folks manage to work. All these appointments just don't conveniently fit into my lunch hour.

What else? Time for my car's 6-month check-up and had one day bringing that in.

Besides all of that, I do have my commitments to ATW, USC Leadership and FieldDay. And, it is the time of year for recognition luncheons for CBHP and Palo Alto Animal Services. I keep thinking that I need to drop one of these volunteer things but can never decide which. And I enjoy them all.

And......it was tax month so I had to put them together, see my tax man and then pick them up. Just a few more minutes added to a busy schedule.

Saturdays bring workouts for Dragon Boat - although I have been so busy that I haven't made a one yet and am looking forward to my first one this Saturday - especially since our first race is May 12. Sunday morning is yoga day.

And, I do love to see my family and friends so there are a few lunches and dinners scheduled in there.

So, I ask you, "when does one have time to do yard work and shred papers in the study, not to mention vaccuming, dishes, dusting and bathrooms?"

Oh yeah.......there is the dating thing. Not that I have had time for it lately. Maybe now that taxes are over, I can use that slot for dating if I ever find anyone to date......haha. eHarmony continues to be disappointing and I have only gotten one date (who infamously moved to Dallas). Two on the line now so will see how that goes. My photo doesn't show until about the 3rd step of the process. Many of the guys close the match at the first step because they can't see my photo then. Oh well, that is much too shallow for me. Some of them that make it to the third step and then see the photo, close the match with some flimsy excuse. Still shallow and a little hurtful because they didn't like my photo- hmmmm....... So far, only 3 have made it beyond that point. So much for eHarmony's questionnaires, careful matching, etc., etc.

And, in my real life, outside of the e-Dating world, I don't know of any single men at all - except for my nieces friends and forgive me for not being interested in 21 year olds. So what is a girl to do?

Haven't said much about the job but it continues to go well. I am on an interesting assignment and working on some good projects. It is nice to be appreciated and to get paid for it! Yeah!

Back to work.........What you doing?

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh they definitely care about the answer. As you know, they will ask more and more questions until they get a suitable answer.

Good job on all the clean up lately. I've been trying myself, but not making nearly the dent you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home