www.flickr.com

Friday, August 17, 2007

2nd Amazon Sale

After my initial sale of a book (collectible) on Amazon in March, there were no more sales to follow. My listings expired last week and I almost didn't list again but then I figured, what the heck, it doesn't cost me anything and it is pretty easy to re-list. Just push a couple of buttons. So I relisted my remaining 36 or so books and, on Wednesday, I sold another one.

This was another collectible which I sold for $10. It was an old copy of The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers from my college days. The book was even old when I got it since it was published in 1968 and still had the original 95cent price on the cover. Imagine that! I have no idea what I paid for it and it is beat up and water stained but had managed to avoid the usual scribblings in the pages that college students make. Anyway, 39 years later, the book has sold for $10, which after Amazon's commissions netted me $5.52. Not making me rich but amazing to me to make anything off of something that the used bookstores wouldn't purchase, not to mention quite a mark-up over the original price.

And I did notice that Oprah has this on her book club selection so there are a lot of new printings out there now.

Guess I will keep listing on Amazon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home