www.flickr.com

Monday, October 31, 2005

Herceptin

Second treatment today. First with the port. My angel nurse Ora was not there today and I had Gayle. She was very nice. The first thing she had to do was stick the IV needle into my port. (That wasn't the nice part) In order to do this, she felt through my skin all around the sides of the port. (That wasn't the nice part either) It was very uncomfortable and I wanted to ask her if she realized that was my body and my nerves that she was poking at but she was so cheery and dedicated (That was the nice part) that I just grinned and beared it. Next she stuck the needle in. Ouch! I thought that wasn't supposed to hurt! IT DID. Then, she tried to flush it but it seemed plugged up. Brand new port and defective? Ah, but such was not the case. The needle was just in too far. At last, she was able to flush and hook up the IV and off we went with the Herceptin. This time they took my temp regularly to watch for fever and it remained steady at 97.1. Finished up and then flushed with Heparin to keep the port clear and we (Dad and me) were out of there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home