www.flickr.com

Friday, February 10, 2006

DIEP info

Yesterday, I had a call from a woman who had a DIEP reconstruction 4 years ago when she was my age. She was a wealth of information and pointed me to several good websites.

www.carlopress.com
www.sfdiep.com
www.drkind.com

The first website provides a list of plastic surgeons nationwide who are trained in the DIEP reconstruction surgery. I found one listed for Kaiser Hayward and emailed to Dr. M. to see if I could get a reference. The sight also provides details on all types of reconstruction. It is your one stop, reconstruction information center. The Dr. Kind sight has more information on the different reconstruction surgeries including photos of before and afters. There is one woman in there that is in excess of 200 pounds and had the surgery. That is far more than I weigh. Dr. Kind is a surgeon with a San Francisco practice and therefore, very accessible. Seems there might be some variation in surgical opinions (as there are with all other medical specialties). These are good local sights and I am so glad that I spoke with her. Tonight, I get to go look at her reconstruction and Sunday I am visiting with a woman who had the Free Tram reconstruction. This is starting to be not such a bad experience and I am starting to feel a little more positive. However, I am still anxious to get through the prelims and have the surgery scheduled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home