www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot

No, I am not talking about myself, although, if you read my previous blog, you might have thought so. :D Ha! Ha!

So when you are done ROTFL, you can get up and read the rest of this blog. Or not....

It is so hot here that it is even starting to get to me, the Queen of Hot. I usually love hot weather and sunshine. It is definitely better than cold for me. And saves on the electric bill since I don't have air conditioning. :(

But even this heat wave is a bit much. Don't you think so? The dogs are just laying around with their tongues hanging out of their mouths. They have walked around looking for every cool spot in the house. So far, the concrete floor in the garage is winning out. The rugs are warm just to walk on. You would think there was a fire going under the house.

I have filled their dog pool twice - just to have an excuse to go stand in it myself. The cold water felt oh so good. I also took this chance to cut the grass around the sprinklers and make adjustments to the spray - just as an excuse to stand in them getting soaking wet as I did it. The bummer is that the back automatic sprinklers are now broken (as of yesterday). I am not sure what is wrong but now they need to be manually started (think wrench at the faucet - not switching from Auto to Manual on the control). It is too hot to fix them so I just have to remember to go turn them on this eve and then turn them off.

Yesterday, I joined the rest of the Valley over at the theater just to get into some air conditioning. All of the movies were full even to the front row - something I haven't seen in sometime. I watched "Click" with Adam Sandler and a host of other stars. It wsa a cute story - something like a modernized version of "Its a Wonderful Life". There was some unnecessary crudeness that took away from the film. Otherwise, it was good entertainment. I also saw "Cars" and have to agree with the other comments that this is more of an adult film. I don't know that I would take kids to it or that they would be all that interested. Some of the 9 - 10 year olds in the theater seemed to "get it" better than I did but the younger kids were bored or fell asleep. Not much laughs there even for adults. At least I didn't fall asleep.

Thought about the movies again today but thought maybe I would stay home and keep the house open to see if it will stay cooler - Didn't work! It is still hot and worse so because it never got a chance to cool off last night. I was up at 3AM and it was still hot outside.

Okay, I am ready for a break from this (the heat and this blog). Don't know why I wrote so much but it is enough.

Hope you are all finding ways to keep cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home