www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 17, 2006

What the heck is going on at Safeway at 10:00 on a Saturday night

Why is everyone at Safeway at 10:00PM on a Saturday night? Don't they have better things to do and places to go? I went over there tonight and was surprised that the parking lot was full! I had to wait for parking. This is the grocery store, not a dance club!

Why was I there? Well, I have been so busy trying to get everything done before the surgery that I worked straight through until 9:30. Tomorrow is Father's Day and I wanted to make him a treat. I needed a few items for the baking. After collecting everything, I went in search of the Kraft Caramels. They were not in their usual place in the candy aisle, nor were they with the fresh apples, nor with the cooking stuff. At a loss, I went in search of someone to help me. There was no one around and the lines were so long at all of the registers that I couldn't ask a clerk. I tried and a blond (not so nice - think B...) lady yelled at me that she was in line. I finally found a stocker and when I asked where the Kraft Caramels were, he said, "kkkk ummmm karafa? What do you want?" I said, Caramels. He said what are those. Ugh! I was starting to get frustrated. Then he told me that Safeway had never carried them as long as he was there. I know for a fact that that is not true.

I tracked down some other checkers and they did not know either. Finally, someone got the manager. He said, "oh, those little individually wrapped, square caramels in the bag" Bingo. At least he knew what they were. Aisle 7. Back to candy. Not there. No tag even or empty spot where they might have been. I had to give up. I handed my items back to the girl and said goodbye and walked out of that Saturday night madhouse. Ugh!

Sorry Dad. I tried. Will just have to be happy with the card I got you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home