www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Maintenance, Oh Sweet Maintenance

I made it! I made it! (No, not SS although that would be nice, too)

Yesterday, I went to WW for my usual weigh in and meeting and, (drum roll please), after 4 1/2 (yes, you are reading that right), after 4 1/2 years (not months, but years), at long last, I have reached my goal weight. Not just reached it but blew it away by 1.4 lbs!

This is not my true goal weight, understand, but rather the highest weight which WW would allow me to call goal weight. My true goal weight is about 8 pounds less than this weight but that is a small matter now.

So what is so special about goal weight? Well, I have to go to 6 more weigh ins. That is 6 more weeks without going over this goal weight. I can lose more but cannot gain. After 6 weeks, I become a LIFETIME MEMBER. That means that I can go to as many Weight Watcher's meetings as I like and weigh in the rest of my life FREE, yes FREE (no Ginzu steak knives though) as long as I do not go over my goal weight. What a sweet dream! I can go and lose the next 8 lbs or more - all for FREE, yes FREE - just have to stay below that one little number on the scale.

Wish me luck over the next 6 weeks. It is not as easy as it sounds, especially with my record of down 2 lbs, up 1 lb, etc.

And how much have I lost in 4 1/2 years? 69.4 lbs! Thank you WW. I figure this loss cost me about $2,340. Now think what that money could have bought! My health is worth it though. I am nearly back to the weight I was 8 years ago which was the same weight I had been since college. (give or take 5 lbs here and there). The weight went on so fast - 60 lbs in 6 months and the next 20 lbs over the next year - 80 lbs total. It never comes off as fast as goes on. Mother Nature is a cruel woman.....:0

So what am I going to do now? Go to Disneyland? Not quite. I am going to try and finish up with my recovery. 2 more weeks. Finish up with my treatments. 2 more months. Fight with Social Security (They gave me yet another new Analyst yesterday -and still no progress is being made - ugh) - ??? months/years???

And hope that after all of this that I can find a job to help me pay off these bills and make a decent living.

And finally (another drum roll here please),

Clean out my closet and get a new wardrobe that fits my new body (which I hope to still have by that time)!!!!!! :) :) :0) :0)

Hurray! And no, I didn't break my arm patting myself on the back ......but I do think I may have a little pain here...hmmmmm.... is that a dislocation.....oh well.....

Thanks for letting me brag!

2 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Congratulations. That's a great accomplishment. You should have a dislocated shoulder from patting yourself on the back, you earned it.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Seajade said...

Thank you. :) (kisses)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home