www.flickr.com

Monday, June 12, 2006

And another week gone by

The time is passing so quickly now. What happened between last week and this week? Well......

On Tuesday, I worked hard most of the day in the yard until my bin was filled. In between, I paid my bills and worked on the ATW close (paying more bills). Then, I ran off to painting class which was somewhat disastrous - my painting was just not coming together for me. It is the first time in a long time that my teacher helped me out a lot to try to get it more together. And then I dropped the brushes on the floor and then my painting, face down, fell on the floor. By that time I gave up, cleaned up and left to head off to the theater to see Hairspray. I completely enjoyed the show and it was a wonderful escape for the evening. The expressions on the face of the main character were just so crazy - very well done. All of it.

Wednesday morning I headed off to Quigong which I really needed. Then I went to Marshall's to return some ugly thing I bought there when I wasn't in my right mind. Can you say pink? With sequins? Have you ever seen me wear pink? or sequins? What was I thinking. Well, because it was more than 7 days ago that I purchased it, they wanted to only give me a store credit. Now what will I do with that? I never shop in Marshall's and needed the money more than the credit. I kept insisting and, embarassingly, made a bit of a scene, then asked for the manager which they denied me the right to see. At last, the girl left the counter and soon the phone rang, the other girl picked it up and then gave me a credit back on my credit card. Yeah! for persistence.

From there, I went to Kelly Moore to buy paint. They didn't have some of the stuff I needed but called over to the other Kelly Moore store and they had it. Since I had to go to the other store, the guy gave me 25% off on the paint I bought there. That was completely unsolicited and a nice surprise. Good going Kelly Moore.

Then, it was off to Long's to get my film developed. Yes, I am one of those folks who still uses film! Then, on to the other Kelly Moore to get the rest of the paint. By that time, I was exhausted and headed home without finishing the rest of my errands.

At home, I painted the dining room (3 coats - including faux finishing), sanded and varathaned the wood window ledge, cleaned the big, dog-drool laden window, vacuumed and steam cleaned the dining room rug. By that time, it was 2:00AM and time for bed.

And we are only up to Thursday. I went on my usual trip to WW where I found that I was up 2.5 lbs but that was still less than the total I had actually gone up on my trip to LA. Then, my friend came over and we walked the dogs to Starbuck's for a coffee and sandwich. Afterword, he helped me to re-install the drapery rods which usually takes two hands and two sets of eyes. I put several more coats of varathane on the ledge for a total of 8 coats and washed, ironed and patched the shears. That took me up to 9:00PM where I just had to eat something and rest.

Friday morning dawned with a dog walk followed by breakfast. Afterword, I installed the hooks so that the swags could be used on the drapes. Then, it was off to the tile place to purchase the tiles for the shower. This took most of the afternoon. A stop by Costco got me my new glasses which had finally come in and a couple of bottles of wine for the evening event.

At around 4:00, my NP called to talk about my bone density results. Hips and Femur are fine but the spine is far into Osteopoenia and close to Osteoporosis. We talked about options for managing this and then went on to discuss my blood tests and anemia. I told her they were taking too much blood from me. :) and that was the reason for the anemia. The real reason is probably the pint I had to give for my surgery. Anyway, I have to take another blood test this week to follow up on it. Finally, we discussed the cyst on my right ovary. I told her that my ObGyn was doing a vaginal ultrasound this Friday to check on it. She was pleased with that.

Finally, I headed off to Redwood City to go to the reunion of models from the CBHP fashion show. It was so much fun - a potluck with good food and wine. We watched the DVD from the fashion show and laughed a lot. The subject of my earrings came up and so I pulled them out to show someone. Soon, everyone jumped in and wanted a pair. I sold 11 pairs of the Breast Cancer Earrings. Everyone loved them.

Saturday morning, I got up and walked the dogs, then went to OSH to take advantage of their no tax sale. Brother Jim came over to work on the shower and Eric helped me tape and paint the hallway - eight doorways, what a pain. It took a long time. Eric and Jim left and, by the time I finished, it was 8:30 and I rushed off to haircut night for some R&R with the family.

Sunday was another full day with a return to OSH to buy paint, partial painting of the kitchen, cleaning the electronics in the living room (a very tedious process) and waxing/cleaning living room.

Monday, today, I woke up late - tired! Ate my breakfast and vacuumed the house. Then, Dad came over and worked on the doors so now I have two new doors in my house to replace the dog-damaged ones - yeah! Looks so much better. Debbie and I worked on the frame around the mirror in the guest room and did a pretty good job if I must say so myself. These two projects took the rest of the day up until my typing this. Whew! What a week and still so much more to do...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home