www.flickr.com

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Weigh In Challenge

This week was a real challenge for Weight Watchers and me. I had been celebrating my birthday (last Wednesday) for days on end. Scones, pastries, champagne, wine, ice cream, more ice cream, pasta, steak, chips, dip, cheesecake, ice cream cake. Whew! I get full just thinking about it. It was all too wonderful but, like all good things, needed to come to an end. By Sunday, I had gained 5 lbs (in 5 days). It probably would have been more had it not been for the 9 hours or so of walking up and down hills and along the beach in Carmel.

My job between Sunday and today was to take off the 5 lbs I had gained. I almost succeeded. 4.6lbs. It was enough however for me to pass my weigh-in at Weight Watchers this week. Not passsing would have been a disaster. All of my hard work would have gone to waste (waist) since I would have had to start my 6 weeks of maintenance all over which would have meant more money ($$) since I would have had to pay for all of those 6 weeks. Anyway, I passed and now have only 1 more week of maintenance - next week - before I make it as a lifetime member and don't have to pay anymore - yippee! Not entirely true - if I go more than 2 lbs over my goal weight, I have to pay but only for the meetings that I am over goal - and I only have to weigh in once/month, although I can attend as many meetings as I like for free and can weigh in more often if I choose.

And speaking of money, for those of you that have been such great supporters through my fight with Social Security to obtain my long term disability, I won and have finally received my check. That meant that I was also eligible for an extension on my COBRA so I could continue my good health benefits. I thought that would be automatic once I received my letter from SS. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! It wasn't. COBRA, being another federally run government program, had to give me its own hassles. It took 3 weeks of battling with them and me being on the phone nearly every day for them to finally give me my acceptance on the last possible day before losing my health insurance. How nerve wracking! They didn't even look at the paperwork until 3 days before my benefits expired although I had faxed everything in to them weeks before. Aaarghhhh! There are serious problems with our federal government - starting with Bush.......But don't get me started. Or rather let me put an end to this now. All is well that ends well. I now have my health insurance and disability and can rest comfortably knowing that I can finish my treatments and get on with life! :)

And it is a beautiful day! Seriously. Got to go get me some of that sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home