www.flickr.com

Monday, October 09, 2006

Life has been hectic

Last week was a busy week indeed. It was one of those weeks in which things were piled on top of each other and then on top again. Tough choices had to be made between people and events that I thought had equally high priority - pretty much had to toss a coin. It was one of those weeks in which I wanted to ask everyone, "Do you know that the rest of the time, no one calls and I don't have any where to go?" Really, I am not complaining, just wishing for more sanity.

Highlights:

- Merchandising for Swank - started this seasonal position - 10 hours per week. Doesn't seem like much time but it wore on me and wore me out. Thought that I was back up to speed but this showed me I wasn't. Still, I am willing to go back to work and make a decent living so if anyone out there knows of any finance jobs, give me a holler.

- Visiting my old junior high school friend. Hadn't seen her in 6 years (or so) though we had kept in touch. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way but well worth it. I had a very nice time seeing her and meeting up with some of her kids again.

- Visiting with two other friends from my former company. All of us now former employees.

- Attending the christening of the one and only Val. Don't worry Val. The dunking wouldn't have been my cup of tea either and I would have screamed even louder. You were exceptionally good through the whole thing as were my two girls (nieces) - an exceptional feat for 2 year olds.

And lastly,

- an email today from one of my old flames of 9 years back - coming to California and wants to visit. It will be fun to see him but don't even think about any new sparks getting started here. He is one that I have moved on from though we stayed friends.

That is about it. Busy procrastinating rather than getting the million and one things done that I need to be working on. Better run and get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home