www.flickr.com

Friday, September 01, 2006

Lifetime Member WooHoo

I didn't blog yesterday because things got too busy but I had quite a rewarding day (except for the neighbor). I woke up, got on the scale and was a little worried that I would not be able to pass my last week of maintenance. Too much good eating over the last two weeks for my birthday which I just couln't stop celebrating.

Sooooooooooo....... I didn't go to my 9:30 AM WW meeting. Next time was 12:00 Noon. I leashed up the dogs and took them for a 45 minute walk. They were both so good and we walked by doggie row 6x with Thomas showing model behavior each time. Got back on the scale. No change. hmmmmmmmm....... to go or not to go. My scale and WW are always slightly, though consistently off. It is only my fear that this is the week they would change their calibration and I wouldn't pass the weigh in. If I miss, I have to start the 6 weeks of maintenance all over which means 6 more weeks of paying. So, what to do. Should I wait until Friday to see if things are better? But I really wanted to get it over with. So, I went out into the yard and worked in the garden (no neighbor) in the sun for a couple of hours. Trimming bushes, pulling weeds, painting the trellis. Lots of hard work. Got back on the scale - down 1.5 pounds - woohoo! That was all that I needed. Probably water weight but, who cares? I passed.

Off to WW. On the scale. Passed! I am now a Lifetime Member. I got my key! I don't pay anymore (unless I go 2 pounds or more over my target weight). The leader announced it in the meeting and made me get up in front of the group to tell my story. It was a big group and suddenly and surprisingly, I felt very emotional. Then embarassed. I didn't want to cry in front of the group. Suddenly, all of the trials of the last four years - 2 job layoffs, cancer, long term unemployment - all hit me hard and I had a sense of what I have gone through. Never expected that. I looked down, took a deep breath and fought back the tears. Another deep breath and I was recovered. I then told of the 4 1/2 year battle to lose 70lbs and reach goal, of the weigh ups and downs and the big backtrack of 20lbs when I started my new job that took another year and a hald to lose before losing the final 8lbs to reach goal. Everyone clapped and told me I looked great. I did the happy dance and smiled. Never thought I would feel this great to reach goal but I do. Woohoo!

Great Thursday. I am going today for a Manicure/Pedicure which the spa down the street sent me for Free for my birthday. A celibration and a free one - what a great deal. I tried to do it yesterday but they were booked so going today instead.

My friend, Mike came over and we walked the dogs to Starbucks. Down doggie row four times. Got some rise from Thomas and I think because of Mike being there (Mike still gets a little nervous with other dogs around). Thomas soon calmed and performed spectacularly. At Starbucks, a woman came in with a little white, fuzzy dog. Thomas jumped up and started barking. I grabbed his collar and walked him in a number of turns and sits before walking him back to the table slowly and having him lay down. He was good after that but the woman picked up the dog and held it in her lap and stroked it. She looked like she was using it as a shield. I wanted to tell her to put the dog down but kept my mouth shut. They were a couple of tables away and Thomas never got anywhere near them and I had him under complete control at all times. None of the other coffee drinkers even moved and one even came over to pet the dogs. Oh well! The woman held the dog on her lap the whole time she drank her coffee and then left. It was a good experience for Thomas.

We headed back home and now I am off to have my nails done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home