www.flickr.com

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Sun is Back

After my wonderful sunny trip to LA, the weather once again turned cold and I thought that maybe we were entering a second winter. The rain was nice and oh so needed but the cold was not. Well, just in time for the weekend, my friend, the Sun, decided to come back and with what vengeance. Not just a slight warmth but a beautiful, sunny weekend.

I took advantage of the opportunity to once again fill my leaf bin since tomorrow is recycling day. Off came all of the dead roses in the front flowerbed. Everything trimmed down and ready for a new bloom. The hedge trimmers came out and I gave the boxwood a nice haircut. Cut back the iceplant around the lemon and mowed the lawn. All of that just packed the bin full. I also trimmed off all of the rogue growth from my now defunct Magnolia in the back but that is awaiting next week's bin since I am overloaded. The rose in the front and all of the roses in the back, along with the weeds will have to await the next round. It was all hard work but the results are well worth it. And, the dogs sure enjoyed laying out on the front lawn and watching the world go by as I worked. A good day was had by all!

Sunday was perfect weather for a birthday party and were the twins ever ready for it. They were so excited about turning 3. Susan made, not one, but two beautiful cakes. What an artist! The twins and their friends had a great time at the Curious George themed party - Monkeys, monkeys everywhere and really enjoyed the barbecue and cake. They really loved their Minnie Mouse shoes and looked so regal walking around in their princess dresses (even while going down the slide!). What a wonderful day. What a wonderful weekend.

And today, it is back to work with that darn See's candy box again. Will someone please eat it and put me out of my misery.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home