www.flickr.com

Monday, May 07, 2007

Y-Me

Its funny how things come back sometimes. I was checking my United frequent flyer account and saw that they are a sponsor for Y-Me. It reminded me of the following story from the beginning of my cancer journey.

When I received the call from my doctor telling me I had cancer, I couldn't sleep at all so I got up and went to the internet (It was too late tocall anyone). In frustration, I typed
WHY ME?
into Yahoo search and, to my surprise, Y-Me came up. What a great idea and name. I didn't know where to go but my frustration and their brilliant thinking for a name took me to just where I needed to be. Who would have thought? I wonder how many other women have done the same thing.

I spent the rest of the night on their site, reading their introductory pamphlet and support section for family members. As time went on, other resources became more helpful for me but, in the beginning, Y-Me was a great resource. It got me through that first devastating night. For that I am grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home