www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good Days back

So, here I am again. 2 days in a row! Woohoo!

Things are going much better today. I got up at the usual time, found my keys and badge and made it out of the house on time. So early in fact that I was able to stop by the post office and the bank and still get into work by 8AM. That is so nice because it means that I get off at 4:30. Woohoo again! In all my hi-tech working years, I could never have a day like that where I could get off at 4:30 guilt-free even though I had already put in an 8 hour day.

The job from hell has now become more like a job from purgatory. I am still not a SOX person, not a compliance person and not a corporate finance person but have learned enough about all three to understand and complete this project. Somehow, these are the projects that bring in a lot of satisfaction. You know nothing and are totally frustrated and challenged and then, all of a sudden, things come together and you are successful. Not that I need that kind of satisfaction all of the time. There is something to be said about doing projects in the field that you know and love. However, it is nice to face these kinds of challenge once in a while.

So here I am on Tuesday and the project finishes on Friday. I am already 90% of the way through and may finish by today in which case I can work on phase two through Friday which should really make them happy and look good on my record.

Was happy to get home early yesterday, play with the dogs and enjoy the new look of the garden. Can't wait until it is all done but that is going to take some time because I am getting to the stage where the hard scape needs to be done - fence, gates, spanishtile patio, maybe a fountain and re-doing the slate walkways. It would be really nice to finish this summer and then buy a barbecue and have a really nice barbecue for family and friends. However, we are already up on July so I am not sure if that is a reality. It is nice to have goals though.

And, now, it looks as if they might send me on a project in Austin, Texas. Not permanently of course but for a couple of months (with visits home). Still in the talking stages but we will see. I am hoping that it is a stepping stone to a project in Japan but, who knows?

And..........still waiting for my soulmate to pop up his head. I must say that I have met, randomly, some more single guys lately. Nothing happening yet but it beats the time when I didn't know of any single guys at all. Send some more my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home