www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busy Sunday

Well, I have to say that this was not one of my fun Sundays. It started off fine with yoga this morning. Our regular teacher was not there and the substitute showed no mercy. It was a little too advanced for me. I am just not up to some of those pretzel positions yet. At some points, I was also just too exhausted to go on (and I am not a total beginner - but sure felt like one today).


Yoga was followed by a quick run through the farmer's market - trying hard not to get caught in another rain. 4 hours or cold drenching at the CAL-USC game last week was more than enough wetness for me.


I arrived home at 10:30 only to start on ATW's budgets which National oh so kindly gave us a whole 5 days to work on. My comments that all of the leaders were volunteers with day jobs fell on deaf ears. Its times like that when I really want to quit. Then I think of the wonderful women in our chapter here whose hearts and minds are dedicated and who are truly special in that they played a big supporting role as I went through my cancer treatments and I really don't want to quit. So, I will deal with National. After about 4 hours on those budgets which culminated in sending a fairly decent version to National, I turned my attention to FDS.


Our Jr. Acct. volunteer had come over to help out with the books. I was already exhausted and probably wouldn't have gone on if she hadn't been here. The next 5 hours were spent teaching her about QuickBooks which she had never worked on and getting even more basic trying to teach her about entering billings, making payments and writing checks and then entering invoices, receiving payments and making deposits and even how to read a bank statement. She is catching on fast but is really very green. It is nice to work with someone that is very eager to learn though. She has already finished 2 years of accounting at Foothill and started in the program at Santa Clara which makes me wonder just what they are teaching students in those schools!


Now, my day is done and, of course, I didn't get any of my stuff done - yard work, laundry, cleaning the study, calling the phone company to straighten out the bill, calling a plumber to explore the leak in my bathroom before I fall through the floor, etc., etc. Not to mention the relaxation I hope for on the weekend such as watching the million shows I have TIVOed, reading the stacks of books and magazines I have here, walking the dogs or working a crossword puzzle. I am really hoping that Thanksgiving sees me making more progress in all of these areas!


I am done with my complaining now and off to eat dinner and watch a little tv before off to bed and another work day tomorrow.


Cheers!


Oh and here is a little photo from Aspen just to get the juices going and encourage me to post more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home