www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Photos!

Almost.

I have finally discovered how to download photos from my camera to my computer. Somehow, I woke up this morning and figured that this was the day to finally just do it. I pulled out the book and the box with the camera accessories, put the disc in, uploaded it and then plugged the camera in. My computer was even helpful enough to have the USB port right in the front of the tower so that I didn't have to crawl on the floor, struggling to get behind the tower and find the port. I plugged everything in and VOILA! - less than 2 minutes later, 511 photos downloaded to the computer.

Now, what am I going to do with those? More photos than I have probably taken in my entire life. Lets see. 511/36 = 14 rolls of film. Well, I guess I might have taken a few more than that in my life time but not many more. A 2 week trip to India resulted in only 3 rolls of film and I thought that was a lot. This digital camera thing with the instant gratification does funny things to you and suddenly photos start multiplying like rabbits.

So. Back to the 511 photos. I tried to sort them but it wound up with lots of folders in folders. About that time, I figured I should be getting to work and leave this next step for later (hopefully not 4 months later like the last step). Ultimately, I guess the best thing would be to burn them to a disc and save them that way since it won't take long at this rate for my hard drive to be completely packed up.

Would love to load some of them up here on flicker for you to look at but, alas, I am here at work and the photos are on the hard drive at home so it will have to wait until I can get some time at home - hopefully soon.

In the meantime, it is almost time for the big USC/CAL game on Saturday so I can take my camera and shoot lots more photos - yeah. And then, what?..........

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Woo hoo!! I can't wait to see them.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Um. Still no photos. What's the deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home