www.flickr.com

Friday, January 20, 2006

Survived

Smokey survived the slight od on the xanax and is one happy dog. I have revived my New Year's resolution and the dogs and me have gotten a walk every day for the last 6 days. Woohoo! The dogs are thrilled and Thomas has actually made some progress in not barking and lunging at every dog that he sees or hears. There are still a few that set him off, but most he just wags his tail. Thanks to Mike and Jenny for coming over two of the days and walking them with me. It is always good to have company. Anyone else around MV that feels like walking, just let me know.

On another note, I am so frustrated. I have been desperately (maybe too strong a word) trying to lose the same 5 lbs. and get my next star at WW for 2 years now. I have come within 2/10s lb of making it and then the other 4 lbs come flying back on. What about the 18 lbs I lost from chemo and surgery? That is still off but that was just a retrace of the 20 lbs I had gained at my last job. Now, I am back to working on the same 5 lbs I was working on before. I am sure if I get past this hurdle, I can lose the next 8 lbs. I need to make maintenance so that I can go to meetings for free. With the New Year, my determination was renewed. Every day, I have faithfully measured, read labels and used my points finder to accurately record my points. I have stayed within my points, drank my water and milk, eaten my vegetables and fruits and kept my portion sizes in check for proteins, fats and other carbs. I am getting more than my 30 min/day of exercise. Yesterday was the time to get on the scales for the week. With hope, I stepped on the scale - GAIN - .4 lbs. How could that be? How am I ever going to make that next a 5 lbs. Aaagghhh! Of course, I wanted to go right out and get that hot fudge sundae I have been dreaming of but I restrained myself. I am keeping the vision of my reconstruction in front of my face and need to keep the fat off of my belly. I will keep onward for this next week and hope the scales are kinder to me then. I WANT THAT STAR!

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Keep working at it, you can do it. I've never known you to not accomplish something you set your mind to.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Seajade said...

Thanks snarfdog! After a weekend of binging, I am back at it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home