www.flickr.com

Friday, February 24, 2006

Its the little things in life

Wednesday, I went in to Costco as a project for my art class. We want to jezzo (sp?) and paint the plastic body molds that they use for the women's swimsuits. I went to the swimsuit display but couldn't find any loose molds so I went to the manager who, very apologetically, told me that they throw them out at the register and, therefore, do not have any laying around that I could have.

Since I was already there and, being that it was Costco, I had to wander around and see what kind of new things they had for sale (just like a kid at Disneyland). There were a lot of new clothes on sale. As most of you know, Costco doesn't have a dressing room so you just buy what you think is right, take it home and then return it if it isn't right. I bought 2 blouses, a lace top and a pair of shorts, took them home, tried them on - the blouses (fine), lace top (a bit tight), shorts - too big so I went back - bought 3 more lace tops and another pair of shorts, took them home, tried them on, lace tops - too big and color not good for me, shorts - just right. By then, I was tired.

So, on Thursday, I took back 3 lace tops and 1 blouse. Got my money back and then, could I just walk out of the store? NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!! Of course, I had to walk around and look at all of the new stuff again. Curses to Linda for getting me turned on to Costco! :D jk

Well, on this round, I found the "pink" Betty Crocker cookbook. I have been missing my BC (for Betty Crocker and not Breast Cancer - funny about the coincidence) cookbook that I had for about 20 years ever since Thomas ate it up. Must have tasted good I guess. Had never bought another one. This one has pink plaid rather than red since it was done for the Susan G. Komen foundation. The book is the same as the regular one but has an added section with recipes that are supposed to help fight breast cancer and BC donated $250,000 to the Susan G. Komen foundation. I couldn't resist and forked over the cash.

Next, I passed by the pillow display - 2 in a package for $9.99 (standard/queen). I felt them. They felt nice. I have been searching for the right pillows to sleep on literally for years and have bought down pillows, firm foam pillows, even the sleep rest "memory" pillow that is supposed to mold to your body. Nothing was ever right. All I wanted was those fluffy pillows that you sink into at hotels for a wonderful night's sleep (at least I do). Why were they so hard to find? At $9.99 for two, I figured these were worth a try. Anyway, I could take them back if I didn't like them right?

Last night, I took all of the other pillows away and put these pillows on the bed. When I went to bed, I sunk down into them.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......what comfort! I slept wonderfully all night and didn't want to get up this morning. Who would have thought you could get so much pleasure for just $9.99? It is truly the little things in life..............

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

So, are the pillows still working out? I may have to go get some for the girls since they now have pillow cases, and no pillows.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Seajade said...

Yes. I love my pillows and have been sleeping ever so wonderfully. Only problem is I don't want to get up in the morning. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home