www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Rough day

8:30 doctor appt with Dr. Y. Radiation Oncologist. Went well. Still "tanned" from the radiation. Skin still feels hotter than other skin around it. Everything otherwise fine. Next follow-up in six months (Oct).

2:45 doctor appt with Dr. K. GP. Unexpectedly, cholesterol took a jump. LDL and triglycerides up and HDL down. Wow! What a shock! How did it happen? Dr. K. wanted to check on Herceptin to see if it has an effect. Anyway, I have to take another test in 3 months. Until then, exercise up, niacin up, fiber up, fats and cholesterol down.

Still tired and fatigued much of the time. The sunny days helped some but I am still requiring many hours of sleep a night and get exhausted after just a little Quigong or walking the dogs. The muscle fatigue grows the longer I am on the Herceptin. Ugh.........

So, lets see. What am I thankful for today? I just loved looking at the mountains as I drove out to Santa Teresa hospital and I am thankful for the coffee kiosk at Kaiser that always serves me the non-fat, decaf mocha after each Drs. appt. and Herceptin infusion. It almost makes things better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home