www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Alive and Kickin'

Yep. This is me. Still alive. Still here. Just having a very packed schedule. The last 8 days in a nutshell (granted a very big nutshell):

Walk dogs, pay bills, play with babies, shop, return what I bought, breakfast with friends, walk dogs, dinner with family for Mom's bday, Easter, eat chocolate bunny, eat Peeps, eat chocolate eggs, hard boil eggs, eat hard-boiled eggs, see doctor, get Herceptin infusion, close books for ATW, eat more chocolate eggs, eat more Peeps, go to business seminar, visit friend, play with baby, go to CBHP open house, eat more chocolate and last of Peeps, Quigong class, clean out closet in Yoga/Guest/Painting Room, catch up on email, put out trash cans, take in trash cans, Weight Watchers, Jamba Juice (mail coupon for HUGE, FREE Jamba Juice), Blood Test, Eyebrow Wax, blog.

Okay, now you are all caught up. Nothing much new to note at this point. Am still waiting for a surgery date in June and for a response from Social Security (90 days - 3months - and counting). Social Security says it takes 4 - 6 months. I have spoken with my rep and she says she has all of my information. She has also interviewed me and says she will get to it as soon as possible but they are behind. I am not sure why she couldn't just sign the approval right then and there. Go figure. Anyway, one more month until I enter the magical 4 - 6 month window. In the meantime, my disability is expiring in 2 weeks and my COBRA will be expiring soon. Is there no justice for taxpayers in this world? Maybe I should become an illegal immigrant........

Surgery gets set 6 weeks in advance which means I should have a call any day now. I just tried to call but the scheduler is not in so I may try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have my list of "To Do's" that I want to get done BEFORE the surgery. This time, I made them up far ahead of time instead of trying to cram everything into the last week. Even so, you can bet that the last week will be packed with things to do. (eyes rolling towards the heavens) "Will I ever get caught up?"

1 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh how I know that feeling. I feel like it's two steps forward and one giant step back, but at least it's still forward motion. Keep at it, June will be here before you know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home