www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bear Valley Fun

Last weekend, needed some R&R so decided to go up to Bear Valley for a girls' weekend. It was great fun.

We did some wine tasting on the way up. Twisted Oak where we found all of the rubber ducks in the trees by the road. I bought one that was dressed in a bikini and made a real funny squawk. We had a lot of fun with it over the weekend and I gave it to Thomas when I came home. He loved it and had so much fun with it until the squawker broke.

We also went to Chatom where they have yummy snacks with the wine tasting. The owner's name is Gay and they gave us buttons that said Our Owner is Gay. Not sure if I have any use for them but they were entertaining at the time.

Finally arrived at the condo and ate munchies and watched Men in Trees before heading out to Base Camp for some pool and fun.

Got up early - yes early - the next morning and went outside to do some painting. This was my first time to paint outdoors from a live subject. It was interesting to say the least. The day was sunny and I donned my trash bag (to protect my clothes from paint) and set up my easel to paint. Didn't finish the picture so took some photos to finish it later.

Next was hiking, a trip to Alpine lake for more hiking, shopping in the ski shop and yummy eating. What a life. So relaxing and fun. More pool and drinks at Base Camp and home to bed.

Sunday and Monday were more of the same. The whole time we had beautiful weather and sunny, blue skies. The photos are above if you want to have a look.

Now, I am back to the old grind of trying to clean out the study, let go of things, etc. Cleaned out and caught up on my emails, trying to clean my desk. Ugh. Dentist tomorrow along with a few hours of merchandising work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home