www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy 2008

Another New Year has dawned and I am truly hoping this one is happy and healthy for my family and all of our respective friends and pets.

The rain is coming down in buckets and I am glad that it is the weekend and I don't have to leave Smokey here all drugged up again. The last 2 days have been touch and go and it does pain me to see him walking around in a daze, running into me and into walls. If it keeps him and the house safe, though, then it has to be done.

As for me, the morning and evening commutes were incredibly easy. Either folks are still on vacation or they stayed home due to the rain. My only fear was driving down the many evergreen tree packed streets to get to the freeway. I was just praying that no branches would break off or that the whole tree would not come down on me.

Looking forward to a weekend of "Letting Go" of stuff in my study and maybe other parts of the house - just staying in, enjoying the rain and upcoming thunderstorms and maybe a few good movies.

Still wearing my "nipple cast" from the nipple reconstruction done on my breast in Dec. Will be seeing the Dr. about mid-month to get my tattoo and hopefully lose the "nipple cast". It made a very strange looking bump under my bathing suit when I was in Cabo over the holidays. Seeing as the only folks I knew there were my sis and bil, I wasn't too concerned and focused more on the hot tub, food and drinks.

The new assignment is going fine and they are already loading me up with lots of "projects", including going to London. As always, the job continues to be rewarding because it is so nice to be appreciated and know that you are truly wanted and needed. Continuous new challenges are also rewarding in themselves. I am grateful to have found this company and this career.

ATW is settled and tucked away for Dec and 2007. None of the nagging and inconsiderateness from National to deal with this month. Their disrespect and lack of awareness that we are "volunteers" and unpaid and may have daily job commitments does get wearing at times but the comraderie with our chapter team as well as the excellent programs and events that ATW SV is involved in putting on make it worth it to continue in my role as Treasurer. I will always be grateful for the friendships I have made on the leadership team and for their support while I was going through my cancer experience.

FDS has also been sorted out and is up-to-date.

The garden got a good strong 2 days worth of work over New Year's weekend. Michael came over one day and both of us worked hard on the backyard - weeding, planting and mulching - but only got through about 1/3. I spent a good part of the nice sunny New Year's day - weeding, mulching and repairing latticework but still have only brought the 1/3 up to 1/2. Still, it was a great effort and the back garden is looking much better than it has over the last couple of years. And, of course, the rain is helping everything. My tulips are starting to come up and my leeks continue to get bigger and bigger.

I have made some attempts at getting exercise back into my life and the dogs have benefited from mornng walks - except the last couple of rainy days. I am also trying to get some yoga/quigong in. I am starting to look and feel so out of shape and the extra weight is no help. Wish I had my WW buddies back to get me going again every week.

So now, with the rain, it is time (and there are no excuses for me not to) to work on the house and catch up with my mending and continuing with the endless task of cleaning out "stuff". It is obviously not my favorite thing and I wish I could just go through with a broom and a trash bag but, alas, life is such that that is not always the wisest thing to do. So, I continue to plod along.

And, of course, I am sitting up here at 5 AM writing in my blog rather than sleeping so that I can get up early and do that. Now, it looks like I will be sleeping in instead. Don't know how I come to be up at this time. Guess I should go to bed then.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home