www.flickr.com

Monday, January 05, 2009

More Cancer follow-up for anyone watching Breast Cancer

Wow!

3 months in a row now. Dec. 3 and then Jan. 3. And very normal, regular periods. And, yes, I am still obese. Working on that for the New Year. And for those ladies who aren't 20, neither am I. I am 50 years old, was not menopausal when diagnosed with Cancer at 46 and only lost my period due to chemo. Now, 3 years after starting chemo, it appears that I am back. Just hope this means good news for my bones and brain! :)

The end of 2008 was tough with a 4+hr/day commute to Oakland each day. No time or energy for exercise, painting, dogs, family, friends. Except for the paycheck (for which I am EXTREMELY grateful), the rest was miserable.

I started back again today and will continue for another 5 - 6 weeks. The 3 week break was good and I feel more rested and determined. Am trying to get the dogs out for a 1/2 hour walk every morning. They need it and I need it. It means getting up earlier on an already early day but don't think I can go another 6 weeks without exercise on the weekdays. And neither can they. I am also hoping that this along with packing my lunches will help to resolve the obesity issue (and more). I haven't been this heavy in more than 6 years and don't want to use work as an excuse anymore (even though the long commute is a pretty darn good one.)

Well that is enough of the blog for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home