www.flickr.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend, what weekend?

This weekend, as with most lately was very busy. But also very fun.

I started off Sat morning with my Jillian 30 day cut workout. Sad to say that, although I am sore in places I didn't expect to be, the overall weight loss has not continued. Probably due to the delicious barbecued pork sandwich I had on Friday and the yummy french fries as well as the bacon on Saturday, starbuck's cookie and mixed nuts - all things you should probably try to avoid or minimize when reducing your body size. At any rate, as of today, I am still slightly ahead on the weightloss scheme so, all in all, not too bad for Day 6 and still plugging.

The workout is good although by the end of the 30 minutes, the 2 lb weights feel like 100. Some day..........hmmmm........ There is one point in the workout where you lay down on the floor for some bicycle, stomach crunches. Apparently, my feet and legs moving back and forth were just all too tempting for Thomas who likes to have his "butt kicked" - a form of play in which he turns his "butt" to me and I playfully tap it with my foot. The stomach crunches must have looked like a variation on that form of play since he went right in front of my feet and turned his "butt" toward me. Stomach crunches are hard enough without trying to move 65lbs. of dog with your feet. No wonder my thighs and inner groin are so sore.......

After working out, I ate breakfast, read the paper and showered then loaded up the car for my day's errands. First stop was Sports Authority to return all of the weights and balance ball that they had talked me into a week before. I decided it would be a very long time (can we say, "when hell freezes over"?) before I would be using the 6 or 8lb weights, much less the 10lb. Instead I bought the red 3lb weights just in case 2lbs ever starts feeling light.

After SA, I headed off to Macy's to return the last of my "alternate" dresses for the party. That totally commits me to the OCEAN colored gown now. So, I have to continue to work to fit into it.

From Macy's I headed south to my SIL's house. They were having a garage sale and I found it useful to continue with my decluttering of the garage by taking the things that would fit in my car and dropping them off for the garage sale. "Sell them for anything or give them away" were my instructions. She did really well and sold the big items for $15. I still had to bring a few things back home but they occupy very little space compared to what I had brought over. You go Deb! I tried to give her the money but she refused it so I brought her a box of chocolates instead.

Couldn't stay for the garage sale because I had to head to Scott's Valley to pick up my ring which now has a nice new opal in it. Yeah! And then on to the cake lady to take her my 50 candles for the cake. I couldn't find the right color combo so ended up giving her 3 different sets. She can choose the best to use.

And, if that wasn't already a busy enough Sat, I came back to the shelter to walk the dogs. Thank goodness. I was the only volunteer in that day and there are still 7 dogs there. The foreclosures and falling economy mean more dogs being surrendered and less people coming in to adopt them......sad. I took a couple out to the play yard to socialize them and was immediately reprimanded. How could I put two dogs in together? That is not allowed. Forget that the dogs were getting along terrifically and very happy to have company to frolic with. I see so many of the shelter dogs, including my own, with socialization issues because they are not allowed in the company of other dogs. I would think that doing everything you can to make them more adoptable would be the goal but apparently not........So I had to go back to having them out one at a time.....and hoping they all get adopted soooonnnnnnnn!!!

After the shelter, I have to admit that I was pretty beat. It was nice just to go home, eat some dinner and watch a little TV before heading off to bed.

Sunday morning dawned early with yoga. I don't know if it was all of the working out that I was doing or what but the practice was HARD. I was sore and sweating a lot - something I never do. The Srivasana (corpse pose) at t the end was so wonderful, I didn't want to get up. But, alas. That, too, came to an end and the class was over. I went to the farmer's market and took the Meyers Lemons that I had picked off of the tree that morning. The chocolatier needed them for the Meyers Lemon chocolates that they make. He traded them for a box of chocolates which I then gave to my SIL for selling my things at her garage sale. Isn't barter a wonderful thing?

I ran to my SILs house to drop off the chocolates and pick up the non-sold items, ended up chatting and visiting for a while and then headed home to get some yard work done.

Cut all of the rogue branches from the Mulberry tree that I have been trying to kill for a few years now, trimmed the funny shaped orange tree, trimmed the roses and the bougainvilla and pulled some weeds in addition to cleaning up after the dogs, washing out Thomas' pool and refilling with water which both of them enjoyed immensely since it was a warm day. A few hours later, the leaf bin was full and I was even more tired and sore.

Took a shower and headed over to Bill and Susan's house. Decided to walk since we were going to taste champagne and only then realized just how sore my hips were. The champagne tasting was wonderful and enlightening. We all settled on one type (the only one all three of us agreed on except for the one that none of us liked). It wasn't the most expensive but wasn't the cheapest of them either. Still, all in all, it was a good deal. Thanks to Bill and Susan for hosting this and thanks also for the wonderful steak and garlic bread dinner - yum!

I got home very late Sunday night, tried to do some email and a crossword puzzle but finally had to head off to bed since I had an early morning conference call today.

Great weekend - accomplished many things - decluttering, party stuff, yard work and enjoyed many things - SIL visit and champage tasting - a wonderful way to spend a weekend.

Hope yours was great too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home