www.flickr.com

Friday, June 27, 2008

30 get cut dvd with Jillian

As I mentioned earlier, I bought the weights so that I could also work out at home and try to get a few more pounds off before the party. My first 30 day plan lost me 7 pounds but I gained 4 back. Still progress with net 3 lbs but I need more than that.

I started out 2 days ago by adding a morning workout in my living room. I am using Jillian's (from the biggest loser) 'Get Cut in 30 Days' DVD. It is not meant for those with a lot to lose but rather to take off those last 10 or 20 and get you "cut" in the process. I have seen her use it on the Biggest Loser on tv with much heavier people so decided to try it.

I am at the beginner's level, 2lb (purple!) weights - a 30 minute workout with 20 minutes of cardio and weight training and 10 minutes of warm-up/warm-down. By the end of the 30 minutes, I am beat. And that is at the beginner's level. Think of the intermediate or advanced.

The miracle is that, after doing this for only 2 days and still eating normally - drinking lots of water, I have lost 3.4lbs! This gave me encouragement to get back up in front of the tv today and do another 30 minutes. And, I will be at Curves tonight going through my 30 minutes there. My clothes are also already loser after only 2 days. I know that I sound like an infomercial but it is just so amazing. Incredibly, the 2 lb weights are also starting not to seem as heavy, although by the end, I am still barely able to lift them so will be a while before I move to 3lbs or more. I am very motivated to go the full 30 days and see what the effect is. Only 27 more days to go................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home