www.flickr.com

Friday, November 11, 2005

Do I have a Kick Me Sign on My Back?

Ok. So today was supposed to be a new day and everything. But seemed like the bad just kept coming. I didn't sleep well because of the accident. Got up tired and went to radiation. Came home and intended to call State Farm before my friend Mike came to walk the dogs. Picked up the phone - static, no dial tone. Picked up the other line - static, no dial tone. The DSL worked however. SBC has had a number of trucks out in our neighborhood all week long and I suspect they knocked something around and then the rain came. Anyway, I called SBC on my cell phone. They checked both lines and then offered to send a technician out tomorrow betwee 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Nothing like an 11 hour window. As we were talking the dial tone came back to first one line and then the other. There was this awful static though. Soon, still while we were talking that got a little better. I hung up and called my insurance agent. The static was so bad that I had to call back on my cell phone.

At this point, I decided to go walk the dogs so Mike and I took them up to their running place and let them run to their hearts content. They were very happy. Then we went to Krispy Kreme and McDonald's to see if we could get copy of the video from the night before. KK told us that only the police could have access to that and McDonald's told us to call back later. I am hoping the police report comes out in my favor and I don't have to worry about any of this.

We had lunch at Garden Express, a vegetarian restaurant that does a pretty good simulation of sweet and sour pork and beef broccoli along with other vegetarian "meat" dishes and the price is right - $5.95 for lunch. Debbie and her mom joined us.

When I got home, I checked the phones and found the static gone on one but the other one was not working at all. When I tried calling the number, I got a busy signal. SOOOOOO...... I called SBC back and filed another report. They said they definitely see a problem on the line and scheduled the same Saturday, all day appointment along with the admonition that if it is my problem, I have to pay them $55 since I haven't paid their extortionate internal wiring fee...... aargh..... why don't they just keep their own lines fixed so that I don't have to call them out several times per year and hang around waiting for them.

By now, I am tired and think I will just take the rest of what is left of the day off. Too tired to do anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home