www.flickr.com

Friday, November 11, 2005

meeting my future husband and do I have gremlins?

There were two other events today that provide entertainment if nothing else. The first was a dream I had this morning. It was very vivid as many of my dreams are. In it I found, or rather should I say, my future husband found me. No, he wasn't Joe Montana but he was a quarterback and a friend of Joe's although I don't know which friend or what his name was. Anyway, I was off at some retreat, event or something of that sort. For the daily activities, you had to take off your shoes. I went to the activity, took off my shoes and saw Joe Montana. Did the activity and returned for my shoes but one was missing. (My friend Mike said it was nice how I worked the whole 'Cinderella and the glass slipper' thing into my dream). Anyway, I commented to the coordinator that one shoe from the activity the day before had also gone missing. This strange, nameless quarterback friend of JM came over to help look for the shoe. We never found it. He offered to ride back to the hotel on the bus with me. When we got back, he gave me a sweatshirt with signatures of all of the participants all over it. There were also green handprints - not quilted but actual handprints in green paint, ink or the like. He said he had chased my family down for them and that he had been in love with me for a while. So now he is a stalker and I still don't know his name. Funny thing though, I also felt like I was in love with him. I noticed the sweatshirt was inside out and turned it right side out. It was quilted and had beautiful flowers embroidered into the shoulders. I asked him if he intended for me to wear it that way or to wear it inside out with all of the signatures. Before he could respond, I woke up..............

The other story is true. Before I started chemo, I heard that knitting and crocheting were supposed to be "mindless" things that I could do with "chemo brain". Since I didn't know how to do either, I decided that I better try them out before starting chemo. I bought a knitting kit to knit DOG TOYS for my dogs. It came with pattern, needles, yarn. One day, Rebecca came over to help me get started. I pulled out the kit but there was only one knitting needle. Even I know, it takes two to knit! I looked high and low but could not find the needle. I never did find the time to go to the store and get another one so the kit still sits there even though I am through with the "chemo brain" chemo. This morning I closed the door to my study like I have done so many times over the last 6 months and saw something laying on the floor. I almost didn't pick it up because I thought it was a garden plant tie back. But, my mother taught me right and I have to pick up things from the floor so I picked it up and it was the missing KNITTING NEEDLE. How or when it got there, I do not know. I can only conclude gremlins because if the dogs had had it, there would certainly be teeth marks and it wouldn't be in the pristine condition that I found it. Now, if I could just find that million dollars that I lost............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home