www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Social Security

Yesterday, Friday, I went to Social Security to apply since my condition will be continuing beyond one year and my State Disability will end. I cried! It was such an emotional experience. I have been raised to take care of myself and now, I am in a situation where I cannot. Still, I feel guilty. On the one hand, I am telling myself that SS will never even be available when I am retirement age so I should take advantage of it now. On the other hand, I feel so guilty that I cannot even support myself. I have worked my whole life. The agent was really nice, gave me some tissues and told me I shouldn't feel guilty or embarassed, that I had reason to apply and need the support. I filled out the application and now have to wait for 4 - 6 months for the decision to be made. Of course, I am hoping for a yes as I dearly need the support to help me through my treatments and the upcoming reconstruction surgeries. Everyone, please pray or send your energy for a positive response from SS so that I can keep up with my treatments.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Don't feel bad, I know you will more than give back what you receive. Just look at what you've done in the past, you take care of your family and friends, you have volunteered at the local animal shelter, and you've donated your time and money to tons of organizations in the past and present, and I'm sure you will continue to do so.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rich said...

WTF? SOrry about the language, but I am shocked! A fine outstanding citizen like yourself. A stinking voter and a taxpayer! GOodness girl!! Look what you have been through! Shame is a mother with 5 kids and 5 different fathers who collects her "support" and uses it to finance her "habits" A fine example of what the system was designed for is yourself.You should in no way feel guilty or embarrassed. Stop feeling guilty and embarrassed right now. Take what is yours and ask for more! Beg for more! I am shocked that you have to wait for what did you say? 4 - 6 months? Jumping jesus christ in a bean! What is going on with the system!!! I dont want to get all political up in here, but damn! This crap just makes me mad all over! Hell yes Cathy! Take take and take some more (And get the special parking permit as well as the pass to the special clubs if ya know what I mean.) Cathy!! You are a strong and beautifull piece of toast. Let the system butter you up a bit. Thats all.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Seajade said...

Thanks for the support snarfdog and rich. I needed that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home