www.flickr.com

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Health 2, Social Life 0

I haven't been motivated to blog recently. Really haven't been motivated to do anything at all. What's that all about? Dunno.

Got some more good news. My MUGA scan that they were so mysterious about actually came back with a "good" score. I was at a 60%LVEF (Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction) before and was at 59% this time. A really insignificant difference. The machine and test can vary by that much easily. So now, two bits of good info in two weeks. No visible cancer in my left breast and a good MUGA scan.

Wish I could say the same about my social life. Bachelor#3 (Mr. SeemsNormal) and I did finally hook up. Had a nice dinner at PFChang's - good company, good conversation, perfect gentleman, pulled my chair out, paid for dinner, walked me to my car. Both of us expressed the desire to have a second date and our dislike of the whole "dating" experience. I've spoken with him twice since then but seems like the second date is unlikely to happen. Sad but have to let it go. Back to the drawing board - ugh! 0 points for that one.

And, on another note, had a call from an old friend that I hadn't heard from in about 1 1/2 years. Was good to speak with him and catch up on what he has been doing. Strongly suspect that may be the last time I hear from him, too. Sad but have to let it go. 0 points for that one, too.

Double 0 on the social life. Why does this have to be so hard?!

Things to be thankful for:
1. It rained, no poured last night and, although he did get up, Smokey did not have a panic attack - and this without Xanax - Yeah! Not to say that he won't have any more panic attacks in the future but it was a breakthrough.

2. I was selected to be a Calla model in the fashion show. My outfit is very nice. Eileen Fisher - Purple, free form jacket, White, shear, fitted, collared blouse, Brown/Gray wool slacks. I must say that I love it. I was disappointed at first not to be a Nike model but, after I saw the Nike outfits, was really happy that I am doing Calla. The colors and styles were all wrong for me in the Nike line.

3. The daffodils given to us in Creative Expressions - the painting class for cancer patients - by El Camino hospital and the American Cancer Society. And, as a double bonus, the daffodils given to me by my sister, Linda. I really love daffodils and look forward to ACS daffodil days every year.

4. Taking the time to see two movies yesterday - V for Vendetta, surprisingly better than expected and very different from the commercials, much more emotional and Inside Man with Denzel Washington - supposed to be a thriller but I found it a little slow and was left wondering at the end as to what really happened. Who really had the info on box 392?

5. Two days this week with the comedy act of Riley and Samantha. What a hoot and completely wore me out. Thanks girls!

6. The date with Bachelor#3. Even though it didn't lead to a second, it was still a nice date and I am glad that it finally happened.

7. Thomas and Smokey are doing better on their walks. Thomas even managed to let a dog walk around him - about 10 feet out - without going completely crazy and us or the other people having to cross the street. That was a big breakthrough and step in getting him more "dog socialized". He loves people and quietly sits next to me whenever I stop to talk to someone. It is just dogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home