www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Breaking another barrier

Today was WW day. It was a good day. I lost 3lbs. this week. 3lbs! That is huge. Especially considering the chocolate donut and bagel I ate Friday and the awesome cheeseburgers and birthday cake and teriyaki chicken and chips and dip I had at the birthday party on Saturday. I would say I did pretty good! Pat Pat. I will try not to break my arm patting myself on the back.

Anyway, why is this all so important to me? Well, I have been going to WW for over 4 years now and that is a lot of $$ (about $520/year). It has all been worth it since I have lost 63lbs and maintained good health even through the worst of my chemo treatments, steroids and surgery this past year.

I am trying to achieve the ever illusive "maintenance" which will allow me to go to WW meetings for the rest of my life (as long as I don't go more than 2lbs over my goal weight) for FREE. And FREE is a good word! And the meetings and weigh-ins each week keep me honest and on track.

I am now 5.2lbs from maintenance. Sounds like a little but it took me 2 years to lose the last 5lbs and I have been working on this 5lbs for 2 months now. So you see what a big deal the 3lbs today was? Anyway, I am 5.2lbs from maintenance but only 2.2lbs from my next star (we get a star for every 5lbs). I live for those stars. That one will symbolize 65lbs lost! Yeah, yeah....I probably need to get out more. Stars are just so motivating for me.

The best part is that I can walk into any store and buy clothes (if I had the $$) and I can fit into most of my friends clothes now so, in a pinch, I could borrow.

I am aiming to achieve maintenance weight by my surgery - June 20. This has the triple bonus of 1. saving me money - no more WW fees, 2. making my tummy just that much smaller so, after they remove the fat and skin for my new size B/C boob, the remainder that they sew up will be just that much flatter. After all, a tummy tuck is only as good as the amount of tummy there is to tuck. 3. Helping me in my "letting go" project as I "under"grow more of the clothes in my closet and start to fit into the smaller sizes. The bigger ones can find a new home at Career Closet.

And one more thing, when the nurse checks the chart after weighing me and asking my height, I will no longer be in the yellow zone of overweight (obese is red) but will now fall into a nice BMI of 25 in the green zone.

And, will this all get me a longer, better life? Who the heck knows??? But, I will enjoy wearing and shopping for clothes as much as ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home