www.flickr.com

Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Friday!

This has been a long week and I am happy to see this day here.
Wednesday night found me at the Kaiser Breast Cancer Support Group - always a positive and uplifting experience. We always do an energy channeling at the end for ourselves and others. That evening we included the Little Hackers, Riley and Samantha, who have been having a tough week and especially for Samantha who was still in the hospital.

Thursday - WW - down 2.4 pounds which was a good sign since the numbers had been the other wway recently. Then off to the Palo Alto Animal Services volunteer recognition lunch where I received my 5 year pin. The five years passed so quickly. Lunch was at Maddalena's in Palo Alto and was yummy. I had a delicious Eggplant Parmesan made with polenta - a wonderful twist. I am eager to try it at home.

The afternoon was spent at Kaiser gasteroentology where I paid $10 and waited for 1 1/2 hours to see the doctor just for her to listen to my heart/lungs and poke my belly before sending me to her scheduler for a colonoscopy date. She was surprised when she came into the room and told me I was very nice. I asked her why she thought so and she said that most patients after a 1 1/2 hour wait would be grumpy. (I must have hidden it very well) I asked her if she would feel better if I yelled at her and she just smiled.

Finally, I got back to the hospital and learned that Sam was being discharged. It was so good to see her eating a piece of pizza and running around like a normal two year old.

After getting home, I had about 4 hours work for ATW preparing tent cards, name tags and questionnaires until 2:00 AM for this mornings seminar. Had to get up early so that I could be there at 7:30 and set up. By now, I am pooped out and ready to just take it easy for the rest of the afternoon, catch up on sleep and visit with the dogs. My back aches and my throat is scratchy so a rest is probably due.

Things I am grateful for:

The dogs, even though they had to give up the last couple of days of walks, have been sooooooo goood. Thank you Smokey and Thomas.

Samantha is out of the hospital and both her and Riley are recovering nicely from their illness.

All went well at the seminar this morning and there were no hitches.

Life is just generally good.

I can't remember if I mentioned before or not, with so much going on, but my reconstruction surgery date has been set for JUNE 20! Yeah! Good news but so much to do before then.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home