www.flickr.com

Friday, May 12, 2006

CT update

Well, surprise! I thought that drinking the contrast was all I had to do for the CT Scan. How wrong was I? When I got there, I discovered that they also needed to do an IV. The guy I had was really nice and had been good at getting the IV in before. This time he had more trouble. He was able to get the size 22 needle in and get good blood flow but could not get the filament to thread the vein. After two tries, he called in a nurse. She managed to get it into my forearm. None of the three tries really hurt. Or maybe I have just grown numb to it all. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't feeling much pain beyond the initial insertion. Now I have 3 big bruises on my hand and arm - look just like a junkie!

I was rolled into the machine and the contrast was started through the IV. There was a little feeling of a pinch on my arm and then coolness. Then I felt the coolness through my lower abdomen and pelvic area as the blood circulated through my body. A few "deep breath and hold"'s later, I was done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home