www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Disappointment

In what seems the cruelist, meanest twist in this dating world I am in, I have been struck by the Sincere Liar again. Once again, it was a nice date, a fun date, a date where we laughed and seemed at ease with each other, a date where there seemed to be some mutual attraction. Neither seemed too eager to get home. We discussed how the process worked and HE said, "Lets agree right now that, if one of us isn't interested, we will tell the other one and not play any games". That sounded good to me. However, I had heard it before with Mr. Seems Normal and he had turned out to be a jerk who left me hanging after talking specifics of the next date.

I thought this time might be different. After all, would two totally different guys use the same line, seem so sincere and then act in the same jerky manner? Well, you guessed it. It happened.

We talked about a second date, where we would go and what day. He offered me three possible days we could get together. I was available on two of them. He even reconfirmed two days and times! Then, he took my phone number and programmed it into his cell phone - even asked my last name and made sure he spelled it right. He said he had to check the Sharks schedule and would get back to me on which of the two days depending on how the playoffs go. He has two teenage daughters and raised them himself so needed to be with them first to watch the game since they are all fans and have season tickets.

Well, he never called or emailed, despite the fact that I sent him a nice email thanking him for the date and telling him I looked forward to the next one.

Why get specific? Why not just say, "I'll call" or better yet, send an email saying, "I just don't think it is working out"? We even discussed that as the best option for both of us. Either one would have done the trick. A girl usually knows that "I'll call" means "I am not interested". Discussing days and times and programming your name into their cell phone, on the other hand, seems to indicate a stronger interest? Why go through that whole charade? Why be a jerk and make me think there was something there?

Would he want a guy to treat his daughter that way?

It hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home