www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Slowly but surely

Sold another book! Yippee! Another "Collectors Item" Imagine that. I bought a book purely for my own pleasure in 1985 for $9.95 (or maybe even cheaper if I bought it at Crown Books) and sold it 23 years later for $30 (after mailing and commission to Amazon.com, that comes to $24). How cool is that? Of course, I have only sold 3 books since April (9months) so it is not a quick, get rich process but it is money for books that Bookbuyers rejected because they "could not sell them". It was either donate them to the library (a very viable option) or sell them on Amazon. I opted for Amazon since I am always in need of a little extra cash and every bit helps. And, 3 books so far has netted $45 where as 20 books at Bookbuyers netted a paltry $2.45. So, onward. Every 3 months, I have to relist all of the books but Amazon makes this a very easy process and then ship within 2 business days of a purchase which, so far has not been bad.

But, here I go, running off at the fingers again.

Enjoyed the thunder and lightning storms yesterday and Smokey took it pretty much in stride. A little nervous but not panicky. I hope to conquer this fear with him yet. Thomas just goes in his crate if it gets too bad and soon falls asleep.

Caught up on some movie watching. Jarhead (a very tough movie to watch re:Desert Storm), Annapolis (another tough one but more entertainment value). Didn't choose two army movies on purpose. That is just the way they happened to come out on Starz, HBO or whatever. Then watched Aquamarine - a childish flick but somewhat entertaining. Only fell asleep twice. And a movie called Stick It about the phoniness of judging in world class gymnastics.

This morning, was finally back to my yoga class after a long hiatus due to surgeries, guests and a certain trip to Cabo. It was nice being back but boy was I stiff. Will take more of those before the old muscles and limbs loosen up again. Just doesn't come as fast as it used to.

A trip through the farmers market yielded only chocolates. It is a very slow time of year for fruits and veggies - mostly greens, oranges and apples - none my favorites and I do have an orange tree in the yard. The rest was just the tons of bakery stalls and I really am not in need of any of that right now. The body is only responding slowly to the influx of healthy food and the weight is not yet falling off.

And ANTS! Where are they coming from. I have never in 11 years here had an ant infestation but now they keep appearing in both bathrooms. Appear to be coming from the ceiling. Is there such a thing as ant hills on roofs? I am spraying them which makes my house smell generally noxious and makes me feel ill but I really do not want these ants here. Maybe it is the wet, cold weather?

Took advantage of the sunny morning to do a bit more weeding in the yard after yoga, farmers market, post office (yes, on Sunday - Thank you Nob Hill). Every little bit helps. The sun has now gone away and I am guessing that there will be more rain soon so I am hibernating back in the house with the doggies and trying to catch up on inside stuff.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home