www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 05, 2008

So here I sit drinking chocolate milk and beer

So my last post wasn't just an April Fool's joke after all. Here I am back and writing again.

Today is Saturday and I have made it through another week. YEAH! Life is still hectic and I wonder where the time goes to. There must be some big, black hole out there that just SUCKS it in! Whoooshhh! Because one minute, it is 7AM and the next, it is almost Midnight and I don't remember much of the time in between.

And here I sit drinking chocolate milk and beer. Sounds like a country song. It all came about because I got up this morning to go to Curves and work out but got a phone call. By the time I got off of the phone call, Curves was closed so I missed my workout. The next thing on my calendar was the Animal Shelter. But first, lunch. I broiled a pork chop and poured myself a glass of chocolate milk. Got another phone call and missed my time for the shelter. Walked into the kitchen and decided to cook another pork chop and saw the beer in the fridge. Would taste good to marinate the pork chop in that, I thought. Once the bottle is open, you surely have to finish it. But I still had the chocolate milk, too. So, here I sit drinking chocolate milk and beer. What comfort food.

And, I have been doing more work on my party. Calling folks to follow up so that, if I have space, I can invite more of the people that I couldn't originally invite since the aquarium is so strict on numbers. I am also trying to finish up arrangements with the hotel and next will be the lunch stuff. DJ can't be finalized until next week. Then there is the cake tasting. Wish someone would come along with me but, it is that "busy" thing again. A day hanging out in Santa Cruz and Monterey tasting cake just doesn't fit most folks schedules. And, I still have the flowers. Not to mention the Million hours of exercise I have to get in before I can shop for a dress (and, hopefully find a beautiful one). Oh yes, the hairdresser, too. Hmmmmmm.........Will be so glad when the planning is done but then it will be time to send out the invitations.

And, I keep looking outside dreaming of getting some of that sunshine out there.

Well, back to the planning.........

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

I have some cake place recommendations for you from my friend down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home