www.flickr.com

Monday, January 07, 2008

Firedrill

Now I know that many people run around their companies complaining of the constant fire drills they are put through. But they are referring to work.

In today's case, the client that I was at truly had two real fire drills in a row. The first occurred at lunch time (12:15) just as I was about to eat my lunch. We were all herded out the door, down the stairs and to the nether regions of the back parking lot where we stood in the cold, not knowing what was happening. I had no jacket and most other folks didn't either. We stood there freezing. At least it wasn't raining.

10 minutes later, the fire trucks showed up - 2 hook and ladders and the paramedics. They went in and searched around the building. It seems that there was a chemical or gas leak somewhere and they couldn't find it. Holy cow!

After 45 minutes, we were let back in the building. I managed to eat my late lunch and just after finishing, the alarm went off again. We were herded back out of the building. This time, I got into my car and hightailed it off to Starbucks where I could sit in the warmth and suck on a mocha. I headed back a few minutes later and we were let back into the building again.

As it turns out, the rains had knocked out a chemical sensor on the roof and it was malfunctioning. The fire alarms are now off while they are fixing it. Lets hope their is no real fire now.

Just another exciting day at the office. Fire drill anyone?

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Good plan with the mocha.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

BLOG ALREADY!! It's been 5 weeks. I know something had to have happened in that time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home