www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it real or is it Memorex?

Wow! 5.8 lbs! I lost 5.8 lbs in 3 days! And that after struggling for a month now - eating right and working out daily. I fought hard not to lose hope and now - 5.8 lbs in 3 days! WooHoo! Guess I will keep doing what I have been doing.

I crossed under a marker that I had been struggling with since coming back from LA at Christmas. That made me very happy but I am still about 15 lbs off of what I was at my party last summer and 33 lbs off from March 2007 when I went back to work and started this uphill spiral. First things first - 10 lbs more to get off the Oakland commute weight. That is my first goal.

The clothes are still tight because they were bought at my pre-Oakland weight but at least I don't look like a stuffed sausage in them anymore. They are starting to look regular and business-like again. Thank goodness for that.

On another topic, today was day 30 of walking the dogs - Wow! I am so proud of myself and the dogs are so happy. The last two days, Thomas has acted out a little while I am gone - ate the phone book, pulled the rug from under the coffee table - (after 28 straight days of perfectness). I am not sure if it is because I have been going in an hour later and therefore coming home an hour later every day this week or that the walks just aren't enough for him anymore or if it was just a quirk of these two days. So, I made a few changes. Starting yesterday, I have been putting Thomas' pack with the water bottles on him and letting him "work" during his walks. This has worked out well and he is doing much better on his "heel" but he does have a bad habit of running into my leg with his pack resulting in bruises along my right calf and knee. I think he is getting more used to it and hopefully, we should find a happy style for both of us soon. The second thing was I went back to getting up at 4:30 - 45 and leaving earlier so that I can get home closer to sunset. Hopefully, between the two, he will be calm and satisfied again.

Smokey is fine as usual though he gave me a good scare this morning. He went to jump up on the bed and seems his back legs are giving him as much power as they used to. He fell off awkwardly, twisting his back legs in the process and landing on them at a bad angle. I was scared he may have broken something but he got up and, after some coaxing, jumped up on the bed - successfully this time.

As for me, headache, sorethroat and backache today. The walk didn't fix it like it usually does. Not sure what is happening but do hope that it passes soon. I want another good day like yesterday!

5.8 lbs!

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger snarfdog said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the 5.8 lbs.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Seajade said...

THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home