www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Its a good day

This morning was the first day since "slammed" that I have woken up really feeling well, energetic and as if my fatigue had passed so I guess this was a 14 day (2 week) episode. The worst day was the first or maybe I just get used to it. It isn't until mornings like this that I realize how I should really feel and that the last 2 weeks have been only half speed or so. I continued my normal life and even had a "super workout" day on Saturday - 1/2 hours walking my boys in the morning, 1 1/2 hours walking and working with the shelter pups, 1 hour with the trainer getting pushed on stair steps, ball walking, jump rope and the like and another 1 1/2 hours Anusara yoga - 4 1/2 hours. What it would be like to be a movie star and have time to do that every day. I, too, would have a super buff body.

Anyway, it felt excellent to wake up feeling good. And, I have not slept as much this week for one reason or another. Went to bed about 11PM last night and got up at 5AM this morning. Maybe 6 hours is good for me.

I am now up to 29 days straight with the dogs. Benefits:

Thomas has lost his fat lump that was developing on his side.
Thomas has lost the moldy groin he had from being such a crate potato all day.
Both dogs have softer, thicker, shinier fur.
Both dogs are more relaxed and calm during the day. Yesterday was the first day that I came home and Thomas had created a little mischief. It could be that I was leaving earlier and getting home earlier last week and he doesn't like my new later hours, or he could be getting used to the walks and needs more, or it could have just been the day. At any rate, I put his backpack on him today to give him a "job". He heeled much better although he was still full of energy and hopefully, he got a little more tired out.
My house is in better condition due to the calmness of the dogs.
I am more awake in the morning when going to work.
A couple of days I woke up with headaches and sore throats and thought about not going to work. After walking the dogs, I felt much better and was able to face the day.
I am getting stronger and it is showing with my yoga and gym (trainer) workouts.
I have finally lost 1 lb and hope that will be the start of 39 more. (at least 10 to begin).

This week is a busier one at work and I actually have something to do. The day passes more quickly and I don't get as tired as trying to fill 8 empty hours. This should continue for the next week. Sure makes it easier to get up and go to work in the morning. I like to be busy and give the client good service. Makes it tough when they just have you on hold, waiting around. If I could go home and get paid, that would be good. But must sit here in my chair at the office - not just 8 hours but an extra 1/2 just so that I take the lunch legally prescribed by law although I would much rather work through my lunch hour and be able to go home earlier rather than wasting another 1/2 hour.

That is about it for now. Hoping for more good days. Iknow that this must be really boring but it helps to journal the leftovers from C treatment so that I have a comparison to see that things really are getting better and also to know about why other things are happening to my body, brain, etc. since those effects also take place when I am having one of my "fatigue" episodes. For example, I wrote some things for a case and when I looked later, couldn't even remember writing them and they were wrong. I had to correct them. What's more, it didn't even seem like my writing or style. I wouldn't have sworn that someone else had written them but there they were in my own handwriting. Whew! How scary.

Its a good day! have a great one yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home